Develop Proven Business Development Strategies When Marketing to the Federal Government
Business development and Marketing to the federal government is one of the toughest hurdles to overcome. Small businesses and large DOD contractors spend thousands (and sometimes millions). Yet sometimes the results often question the methodologies used. Our goal is to deliver information to:
- Finding solid data about the potential client;
- Assessing the spending habits of government agencies;
- Understanding the government procurement and RFP process;
- Learning about the various government contracting vehicles
- Understanding how recent procurement laws can impact your company’s business strategy.
At Watson & Associates, LLC, our government contract consultants and lawyers have compiled workshops and classes based on over 30 years of federal government contracting experience to help businesses to overcome these tough business development hurdles. Our team heads, who were former government small business executives and federal contracting officers, have put together proven marketing strategies and best practices and applied them into our government contracting courses.
Small Business Development & Government MarketingTraining Dates
June 17, 2016
8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Max 2 registrants per company.
Government Business StrategyTraining Course Overview
- Overview of congressional mandates to federal agencies
- Learn to stop wasting marketing dollars but effectively find agencies that buy
- Understanding the roles of procurement officials
- Learning the difference between commercial and federal business development and marketing to the federal government
- Business strategy for creating effective capability statements
- Finding upcoming federal government projects before your competitors
- Effective business development, planning and preparing for future ventures
- Performing marketing and capability briefings to contracting officials
- Marketing and business strategies under the GSA program
- Effectively marketing and business development with your 8(a) certification
- Strengthening your marketing skills by using teaming partners
- The Dos and Don’ts of working with the federal government
Besides a Business Development Manager, Who Should Attend Our Government Marketing Training Classes?
Corporate executives that are having a tough time marketing to the federal government should take advantage of our wealth of knowledge and expertise. It is proven that government marketing is not the same as commercial marketing. Besides the company Business Development Manager, other staff members that should attend our marketing the federal government workshops include:
- Small business liaison
- In-house lower level business development specialists
- Vice Presidents
- Regional marketing and business development managers
For more information about our small business strategy classes and seminars for marketing to the federal government, contact Watson & Associates today or call 1-866-601-5518. See also our government project proposal and technical writing training classes.